Since I am unable to travel, I decided to create the feeling of being in England by making cranberry scones. Although it’s not the same as travelling, it filled the void for a bit.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries
- Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter once the wet ingredients have mixed together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the heavy cream, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. The mixture will start to get crumbly.
- Add 1 cup of cranberries or your choice of “fun” ingredient.
- Spread the dough on a lightly floured surface and flatten it into a 7” circle. Cut the dough into 8 pieces.
- Place the pieces on an oiled or lined pan.
* You can place the pan in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before cooking
- Cook at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes.
If you are like me and don’t like that this recipe only makes 8 pieces, just roll the dough thinner (but keep in mind they won’t be as fluffy) and cook them for half the time.
You’ll see in the video that mine came out a bit bronze – I forgot to cook them for less time (oops).